The Banner

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

1971-09-27 Hiroshima, Japan Options · View
Treadmore
Posted: Sunday, January 04, 2009 2:29:03 PM

I'm listening to Weedwacker's Hiroshima mix Smile I came here to check a Plantation after Dazed, and now have some suggestions.

Before Dazed and Confused:
"Thank you. It's getting better now. The microphone seems to be, uh, crapping out, and making silly noises and all sorts of things...next it will be me! And, erm, this is one from a very very long time ago. I should say maybe three years. Right on...[audience call] the [???] that well."

Before Stairway - no "Thank you" (just "Good evening!" )?

Before That's the Way:
"This is, ah, the is the point in the proceedings, ah, where we take a seat. Good evening! Where've you been? Good evening! That's better. What have you been doing? You've sitting there all too polite and you must enjoy yourselves. That's the whole idea of everything. I don't want to offend anybody but that's what it's all about. Honourable English custom - one must enjoy oneself. Tea. I don't know whether you've tried it with honey, but it works. Far out man."

I haven't finished listening to it all yet. It still amazes me how you transcribed all those Plantations!
Your Overlord
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 11:25:50 AM

Treadmore wrote:
I'm listening to Weedwacker's Hiroshima mix Smile I came here to check a Plantation after Dazed, and now have some suggestions.

"Thank you. It's getting better now. The microphone seems to be, uh, crapping out, and making silly noises and all sorts of things...next it will be me! And, erm, this is one from a very very long time ago. I should say maybe three years. Right on...[audience call] the [???] that well."

Before That's the Way:
"This is, ah, the is the point in the proceedings, ah, where we take a seat. Good evening! Where've you been? Good evening! That's better. What have you been doing? You've sitting there all too polite and you must enjoy yourselves. That's the whole idea of everything. I don't want to offend anybody but that's what it's all about. Honourable English custom - one must enjoy oneself. Tea. I don't know whether you've tried it with honey, but it works. Far out man."

I haven't finished listening to it all yet. It still amazes me how you transcribed all those Plantations!

I haven't gone back to listen to the show yet, but are you just figuring this out because the recording is better or is it because there is actually more tape now?
Treadmore
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 12:12:49 PM

When I typed that last night, I didn't go back to the other versions I have either - I should have done for accuracy. The other versions I have are LSD and Zingi.

Anyhow. Weedwacker's mix is hissy but otherwise reasonably clear. It has D&C cut short, which is why I cocked-up on missing the "Thank You" that is there before Stairway (as you have it) on the other 2.

Also I should've put the "[audience call]" before Plant's "Right on" (which seems to be in reply).

Weedwacker's mix does have extra tape before That's the Way - hence the several sentences prior to "Tea." (And I should have typed "...this is the point..."!)
Your Overlord
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 1:09:03 PM

Cool.

I'll check it out tonight and add the new stuff for the next build.
Treadmore
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2009 2:03:43 PM

ok - look for blackmikito's source analysis in WPTRTS Wink

re the D&C cut, after typing the above I relistened to the other boots an it became clear they are cut there too, but have another source patched. I discussed briefly with weedwacker, he thinks the patch on the boots is from another - the patch includes the "Thank you" prior to Stairway. Hence, worth waiting for blackmikito's analysis of the various sources!
Your Overlord
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:00:03 PM

Treadmore wrote:

Before That's the Way:

I just updated the plantations without listening to them first as per your post for the next build. (34)

I only updated the one before 'That's the Way'.

I basically already have the others intact, but I'll check it all out further later.Wink